Do you enjoy working with bees? Do you derive satisfaction from a job well done? Are you someone who naturally pays attention to detail? We are a queen breeding operation that prides itself on exceeding our customer’s expectations, and we are growing! Your positive attitude, strong work ethic and leadership qualities will make you a valued employee. If you are looking for a job where you can work outdoors, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, come work with us to ensure our operation is run smoothly. Problem-solving skills and strong communication abilities are paramount.
Based in Captain Cook, on the Big Island of Hawaii, Hawaiian Queen Co., Inc. is a premiere queen rearing operation producing queen bees for the bee industry in the USA and Canada. We take great pride in the performance of our queen bees. Our attention to detail and focus on the continuous improvement of our stock allows us to deliver a queen mother of exceptional quality. We are passionate about our industry, love our work and our clients love us.
This is a full-time position with long hours likely, including some weekends, performing manual and machine tasks as a beekeeping laborer. You must have no fear of bees and be non-allergic to bee stings, pollen, honey or other products of the hive. You will be driving throughout the southern part of the Big Island where our yards are located, and as such must be comfortable driving a large truck. The ideal candidate will:
• Have a positive attitude
• Have leadership qualities
• Be trustworthy
• Posses excellent presentation and be comfortable in a bee suit all day
• Track record of reliable and consistent punctuality
Hawaiian Queen is located about 1 hour from Kailua-Kona.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Have a reliable car for transportation to and from the farm
• Have a working cell phone
• Physical requirements: Must be able to move continuously for 8-10 hours per day and lift up to 60 pounds.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record, and agree to a background check and drug test.
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
NO PRIOR BEEKEEPING EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED-- JUST A DESIRE TO LEARN.
• Salary is commensurate with experience
• Vacation and sick pay
• Medical insurance
• Ongoing training
HOW TO APPLY
Like what you’ve read so far? We look forward to hearing from you!
• Call or Text 808-328-2656 or email email@example.com
Hawaii Employers Council Member